Daylight Saving Time ends this weekend, which means we all get an extra hour of sleep. Sweet! But what should we do with that hour? How can we make the most of it? Here are some tips to help you make the most of that extra hour.
1. What is daylight saving time?
Daylight saving time is a way to make better use of daylight. Standard time is what we use now year-round, with daylight lasting until 5 or 6 pm. Daylight saving time moves clocks ahead one hour in the spring so that daylight lasts until 7 or 8 pm. The goal is to reduce energy usage by having people spend more time outdoors in the daylight.
2. Why do we have daylight saving time?
Most of the world observes daylight saving time, also known as DST. But why do we have it in the first place? The original idea was to save energy. By moving clocks forward one hour in the summer, people would get an extra hour of daylight in the evening and wouldn't need to use as much electricity to light their homes. While DST does result in a small reduction in energy usage, it's not as significant as was once thought. Nowadays, the primary reason for daylight saving time is to make better use of daylight hours and to increase tourism. When clocks go back, we gain an extra hour of sleep. How can you make the most of the extra hour? Here are a few tips:
3. When do clocks go back?
Clocks go back one hour at 2 am on Sunday, October 29th. Make sure to set your clocks back an hour before you go to bed on Saturday night!
4. How to make the most of the extra hour
The clocks will soon be changing, and with it, we'll be gaining an extra hour in our day. It might not seem like much, but with a little bit of planning, you can make the most of that extra time. Here are a few ideas:
1. Get ahead on your to-do list. This is the perfect time to knock out some tasks that have been looming over your head.
2. Catch up on some sleep. With the extra hour, you can get a few extra hours of shut-eye and wake up feeling refreshed.
3. Spend time with family and friends. The best way to make the most of this extra hour is by spending it with the people you care about most.
4. Take advantage of the extra daylight. This is a great time to get outside and enjoy the fall weather.
No matter how you choose to spend it, make sure to enjoy every minute!
5. 5 fun things to do with the extra hour
The days are getting shorter, the leaves are changing color, and the air is getting colder…autumn is officially here! Along with all the wonderful things that come with the autumn season, we also get an extra hour of sleep when clocks go back. Here are 5 fun ways to maximize that extra hour:
1. Sleep in! Enjoy that extra hour of sleep and recharge for the busy week ahead.
2. Get outside! Take a walk or go for a jog in the crisp autumn air.
3. Catch up on work! Use the extra hour to get ahead on your to-do list.
4. Spend time with family and friends! Curl up on the couch with a good book or have a movie marathon.
5. Have some fun! Get creative and do something you haven't had time for lately. Paint, cook a new recipe or take a dance class.
While we may not all love losing an hour of sleep when clocks go back, we can all agree that gaining an extra hour of daylight is pretty great. This year, make the most of the extra hour and do something fun! From catching up on your reading to enjoying a nature walk, there's something for everyone to enjoy.